We rapidly generate computational prototypes of predictive and prescriptive analytic solutions. Our customers use these solutions for longer-term decisions about investments and resource allocation.
We Build Tailored Models
When we build a model, we tailor it to your unique needs––we won’t impose a template on your operation. Our personnel are modeling and simulation experts at the Ph.D. level. We build highly useful, dynamic, and prescriptive models that enable you to view and assess the entire solution space at once. You will discover bottlenecks, cost drivers, and potential trade-offs that you most likely could not have foreseen without such a model, helping to keep your operation right-sized in real-world, dynamic conditions. Veracity offers you the ability to understand the present, study the long-term future, and perform “what-if” adjustments along the way. The result will be data-driven control of your entity based in state-of-the-art mathematical analysis.
We Use Powerful M&S Techniques
We combine state-of-the-art computational algorithms and techniques with extensive domain and operational experience to create powerful models and simulations.
We employ a number of M&S approaches, such as
- model assessments
- physics-based models
- computational decision aids
- stochastic simulations (Monte Carlo, Markov Chains)
- survival analysis
- deterministic simulations
- discrete event simulations
Our capabilities range from prototype and proof-of-concept simulations to complex, formally developed enterprise solutions. In all cases we maintain rigorous configuration control, an essential requirement for the Verification, Validation, and Accreditation (VV&A) process, if applicable.
We Excel at Rapid Prototyping
Complex modeling tasks often do not lend themselves to pre-existing, standardized M&S capabilities. In these cases, the simulated processes may, by nature, demand sophisticated and complex algorithms that have not been previously demonstrated. In such cases, we efficiently develop new methods and capabilities to demonstrate that the modeled process can be used successfully with computational algorithms and techniques. We develop and validate input data sources (authoritative where possible), implement software-assisted workflow processes, produce prototype software, and generate output data for operations analysis or decision support.
We Strictly Abide by Configuration Management Standards
Veracity employs rigorous configuration management control in all development activities, for software code as well as data sources. We define standardized processes and procedures for software development practices, including rigorous coding standards for all software architectures implemented. Veracity adheres to standards from the Capability Maturity Model (at level 3 or above) and also follows agile software development practices.
Veracity Adds Value Through Quality Assurance
If you choose to work with a third party to further develop our prototype software, we are available to provide Quality Assurance (QA) of the final product. Since Veracity will have developed the model requirements and system design, we are in the best position to help ensure that the vendor’s final product is accurate and complete. In addition, such a QA process is often required for a model if VV&A is necessary.
Our extensive experience in the R&D, tactical, operational, and strategic realms provides in-depth capabilities for QA support:
- We perform extensive background studies to ensure a thorough understanding of the issues involved
- We develop a completely independent model of the processes involved, including data sources and basic assumptions about the process
- We interact directly with the developer to determine their level of understanding and their approach to developing the solution
- We obtain intermediate and final outputs from the developer to compare to Veracity’s independent model
- We determine sources of disconnects between the developer’s and Veracity’s results and provide feedback for how to resolve the inconsistencies
- We provide formal written reports of the process to support the client’s needs for strategic communications