Framing Your Decision Support Needs
Veracity develops decision support tools that improve the speed and quality of complex decision making, whether the decision involves people, places, things, or their combinations.
Our solutions are based on descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics. We use your organization’s historical data, not generic industry information, to ensure a customized outcome for you. Based on the data you’ve accumulated and your planning variables, the software tool we build models where your enterprise is headed, even 40 years into the future. No bias, no turf. Just the reality.
As we customize the analytic process for you, we account for your timeline, your budget, and the project’s complexity. Projects are often highly variable in scope and analytical requirements. We satisfy those requirements with a full spectrum of support, including operations research, data science, and modeling and simulation. Underpinning this support is deep expertise in software development. Our software engineers develop solutions for unique problems in diverse areas, among them inventory and supply chain management, tactics development, and strategic planning.
You Own the Solution
Best of all, we don’t own the solution, you do. We build a tested prototype model that you may choose to include in your enterprise. It’s yours to use to its fullest, whether to analyze a single course of action or to investigate alternative outcomes when courses of action can vary. You will have at your disposal unprecedented power and insight for help in making your most expensive, complex decisions.
The Value of Prototyping
Veracity develops prototype software solutions for you to own, tailored to your enterprise and suited to your decision support needs. Prototypes go well beyond proof of concept but are not necessarily polished, finished tools. Why do we develop prototypes and not proprietary products?
- You may not need or want to buy a large, expensive software package
- You may want to work with a third-party developer with whom you already do business
- You may want to use the prototype as part of a larger, enterprise solution
- You want to avoid licensing fees and maintenance costs attached to finished products
Our prototypes give you the flexibility to go in different directions at reasonable cost. Sometimes a solution that is “good enough” for the decision at hand is the practical way to go, while retaining the prototype as the jumping off point for future development.
Continuing the Relationship
Analytics done right is a dynamic process that continually builds new data and contingencies into the model. If you would like to continue working with us beyond the prototype solution, we offer ongoing and affordable options for doing so. At Veracity we base our business model on the belief that the service we provide through a relationship with you—not by selling you a proprietary piece of software—creates the most realistic and productive climate for mutual success.
If you choose to work with a third party to further develop our prototype software, we are available to provide Quality Assurance (QA) of the final product. Since Veracity will have developed the model requirements and system design, we are in the best position to help ensure that the vendor’s final product is accurate and complete. In addition, such a QA process is often required for a model’s Verification, Validation, and Accreditation, if VV&A is necessary.
Our extensive experience in the R&D, tactical, operational, and strategic realms provides in-depth capabilities for QA support:
- We perform extensive background studies to ensure a thorough understanding of the issues involved
- We develop a completely independent model of the processes involved, including data sources and basic assumptions about the process
- We interact directly with the developer to determine their level of understanding and their approach to developing the solution
- We obtain intermediate and final outputs from the developer to compare to Veracity’s independent model
- We determine sources of disconnects between the developer’s and Veracity’s results and provide feedback for how to resolve the inconsistencies
- We provide formal written reports of the process to support the client’s needs for strategic communications