Framing Your Decision-Making Needs
Designing Your Solution
Solution architecture typically applies to a single project, while enterprise architecture covers an organization’s overall technological needs and relationships. Veracity develops solution architectures that improve the speed and quality of complex decision making, whether the decision involves people, places, things, or their combinations.
Our solutions are based on predictive analytics. We use your organization’s historical data, not generic industry information, to ensure a customized outcome for you. No longer will you labor through weeks or months of best-guess calculations to support a decision. The facts are rendered for you quickly. Based on where you’ve been and what your variables are, our solution tells you where you’re headed. No bias, no turf. Just the reality. The power of predictive analytics, once experienced, is eye-opening.
You Own the Solution
Best of all, we don’t own the solution, you do. We provide a tested prototype solution that you may choose to include in your enterprise. It’s yours to use to its fullest, whether to analyze a single course of action or to investigate alternative outcomes when courses of action can vary. You will have at your disposal unprecedented power and insight for help in making your most expensive, complex decisions.
What We Provide
- Operations Analysis–our domain experts work with yours to understand your needs
- Conceptual Model–the basis for how we’ll link resource investment strategies, management decisions, and future outcomes
- System Design–the link between the high-level Conceptual Model and detailed software development specifications
- Fully Tested Prototype Solution–we develop software that can be employed as-is for your decision support needs, or we can provide quality assurance oversight of any third-party software developer you may choose to work with
- Ongoing Relationship–the option to establish a working relationship for ongoing needs
Experts in Many Software Tools
Experience in Software Development
Our staff is composed of software architects who are experts in developing software solutions for unique problems in diverse functional areas, including research and development, operations, operational testing and evaluation, tactics development, and strategic planning.
The Value of Prototyping
Veracity develops prototype software solutions for you to own, tailored to your business and suited to your decision support needs. Prototypes go well beyond proof of concept but are not necessarily polished, finished tools. Why do we develop prototypes and not proprietary products?
- You may not need or want to buy a large, expensive software package
- You may want to work with a third-party developer with whom you already do business
- You may want to use the prototype as part of a larger, enterprise solution
- You want to avoid licensing fees and maintenance costs attached to finished products
Our prototypes give you the flexibility to go in different directions at reasonable cost. Sometimes a solution that is “good enough” for the decision at hand is the practical way to go, while retaining the prototype as the jumping off point for future development.
The Veracity Solution Architecture Process
We developed our Solution Architecture process to achieve results efficiently, consistently, and transparently. Outlined here are the steps we take to provide you with actionable decision support:
Business Process and Conceptual Model
- Identify Objectives and Stakeholders
- Capture Business Rules
- Build Conceptual Model
- Collect and review data
- Visit the Customer Site
- Initialize the Integrated Product Team
- Analyze data
- Cleanse data sets
Detailed Technical Development
- Manipulate data and draw conclusions using our expertise in a wide range of modeling techniques
- Program algorithms and perform quality assurance
- Build modular and flexible prototype
Integration and Program Completion
Model Employment and Final Products
- Apply model and updated business processes
- Write and rigorously edit documentation
Continuing the Relationship
Predictive analytics—done right—is a dynamic process that continually builds new data and contingencies into the model. If you would like to continue working with us beyond the prototype solution, we offer ongoing and affordable options for doing so. At Veracity we base our business model on the belief that the service we provide through a relationship with you—not by selling you a proprietary piece of software—creates the most realistic and productive climate for mutual success.
If you choose to work with a third party to further develop our prototype software, we are available to provide Quality Assurance (QA) of the final product. Since Veracity will have developed the model requirements and system design, we are in the best position to help ensure that the vendor’s final product is accurate and complete. In addition, such a QA process is often required for a model’s Verification, Validation, and Accreditation, if VV&A is necessary.
Our extensive experience in the R&D, tactical, operational, and strategic realms provides in-depth capabilities for QA support:
- We perform extensive background studies to ensure a thorough understanding of the issues involved
- We develop a completely independent model of the processes involved, including data sources and basic assumptions about the process
- We interact directly with the developer to determine their level of understanding and their approach to developing the solution
- We obtain intermediate and final outputs from the developer to compare to Veracity’s independent model
- We determine sources of disconnects between the developer’s and Veracity’s results and provide feedback for how to resolve the inconsistencies
- We provide formal written reports of the process to support the client’s needs for strategic communications
Read About our Solution for Naval Aviation Inventory Management
Veracity is the visionary solution architect and lead integrator for the F/A-18 and EA-18G Program Manager’s (PMA265) NST initiative. NST-derived insight and forecasts enable Department of the Navy (DoN) resource managers to make fully informed, demand-driven decisions on the disposition of NAE assets, from Carrier Air Wings to aviation squadrons and finally down to the individual airframe level for the F/A-18 T/M/S family.
NST projects the future availability of each DoN F/A-18 airframe and forecasts the future readiness of each squadron as a function of (1) enterprise utilization demands and operational schedules; (2) resource management decisions; and (3) airframe depot maintenance requirements and service-life limits. Read more…